Tuesday, May 31, 2011

And the rain came pouring down...

I saw a headline this morning that declared yesterday the first unofficial day of summer in the US, it made me laugh a little because it is raining like mad here in Salem.  Don't get me wrong, I love the rain, love it.  But I have to admit I wouldn't mind a bit more sunshine lately :).  This last weekend was my husband's birthday and he had two close friends come and stay with us, the kids had an absolute blast.  They love having guests so much!  We have yet to make his birthday cupcakes because my bananas decided not to ripen quickly enough *sigh* so the banana/chocolate/coconut cupcakes will have to wait until they are ready.  We had ice cream instead, which we decided was a fair substitute :-D

Somehow I managed to finish up four bracelets for posting even with the guests!  They are up in my Etsy store as of this morning :)  Two with a sweet vintage feel, Spring Whisper and Victorian Amethyst, and two in anticipation of the warmth of summer, Summer Sunset and Pandora.  I also finished a couple of special orders last week, including my first matched set, an ocean sunset themed necklace and bracelet which shimmered with blue opals... absolutely gorgeous!  I have two pairs of beautiful lampwork earrings ready to be photographed and listed as soon as the sky brightens a bit as well.  Feeling rather accomplished today! ;)

I have a handful more special orders I am very excited to begin work on... not to mention a few other ideas swirling in my head... as I begin working I might just have to come back here and ramble a bit. We'll see :)  For now I need to get my son down for his afternoon nap!  Have a fantastic Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it means so much to me!