Hello, dear friends! I know, it has been a while again. The holiday season is very full of joy, but also with busy-ness and this year tinged with sadness for me. I am, however, working on moving past all that. We must keep on! :) I have spent a lot of time thinking about my life and what is important... my family, my friends, my work... and I have realized something about myself. I want to be happy. Shocking, right? We all want to be happy, silly girl! True. We do! Here's something else I realized... the path to true happiness is in finding it in the every day.
I've talked before about my Pollyanna mind set. Well this year? My goal is to re-find it. Re-define it. Bring it back to my every day. So my word for this year? GLAD. I am going to try to sit down and write at least a short post every Monday that includes a list of seven things I am glad for. One for each day. Can I do it? I hope so!!
So, for today... my list... Seven Things I Am Glad of:
1) Blue skies after the rain
2) Glee (I only just started watching it on Netflix, feeds the part of me missing singing)
3) Children's laughter (especially that of my own children)
4) Celtic knots (I love to trace them with my eyes and to doodle them in margins of paper)
5) Pens (there is something very satisfying about writing in ink)
6) My husband's hugs (they can make a lot of hurt go away, at least for a while)
7) Ingrid Michaelson (her music soothes my soul)
Until later... may your life be filled with glad things <3